GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ahmed manjang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 16:19:36 +0100
i am new subscriber but i cannot wait to enter in to your interesting but
very sensitive discussion . it is very sad that after all those years of
suffering for africans , it seems we will never learns lessons . after being
so much divided by colonialism , politics and to some extend religion.
it is now time for africans and gambians in particular to be involved in
healing the wounds left by colonialism and slave trade rather
indulging in what i will discribe as northing more than religious bigotry .
we cannot tolerate religious bigots and from my observation that what Imam
Fatty is . I am a debout sunni muslim but i do not care what my next of kin
belief in so long
he does not try to impose his belief on me . Allah had clearly stipulated in
the holy Quran that there is no force in religion
and he gives us the intelligence to decide which faith to choose . On that
note i see no reason why we should allow ourselves
to be divided by difference in faith . If Imam Fatty ran out issues to talk
about why not he remind the people he leads every day ; that it is also good
religious practice to to address the people you govern with respect .
Finally to all the subsribers lets all try to be objective in whatever
topics that may arise in future .