GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:00:55 -0500
"The Gambian intellects are failing us. It does not matter whether you are an APRC sympathiser or a member of the opposition, if we do not change our attitude and indifference to what"

"There are a lot of success stories, but there are also some failures, which we should assess with a view of making things better in the future. Actually there are more successes than failures, none the less, the failures are easily visible and usually blown out of proportion."

" do personally believe that both men were more of assets than liabilities to the APRC Government, but this is a matter for a future article."

These are just some quotes that caught my attention reading Tombong's piece. I hate to engage in psycho ananlysis, but I think what you have is the old Tombong that is dying to speak up, but very much understands the realities on the ground. You see, Mr. Tombong fully understands why the culture of silence, and even from his piece, he is engaged in balncing acts worst than keeping silence.  In the absence of democracy, rule of law and the protection of civil liberties, fi you speak up you pay a price. Is it mere coincidence that the people that are in the industry of speaking up are the ones getting muffled out.  In addition, can he please ask Mr. Sylva the price for speaking out?

And the suggestion that Baba Jobe and Yankuba Touray are individuals that are assets to the APRC, therfore essential to our development.  I will rather have culture of silence from Mr.Saidy, until the real Tombong rises from the death.

Thanks
Musa Jeng

> From: TOMBONG SAIDY <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: 2004/12/29 Wed AM 04:09:13 EST