GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Dibba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 20:23:54 +0100
Brother Lang,

  There is no time for opinion exchanges. Let us engage ourselve in idea generating to rescue the Gambia, the situation is desvastating. You might not be aware but their is mass execution going on in our tiny nation.

  Gambians in the diaspora need to find ways on how to assist the immediate families affected by the killing machines of Yahya Jammeh, while trying to stop his evil doing.

  Mr Joe Sambou, your effectivitiveness in mobiling both human and finances resources is abslutely in needed. Brother you are en righteous man and you pen is highly feared in the heart of the regime.

  Look brothers and sisters, we do not have time, an entire generation is about to be wide out. And it will take the Gambia generations to build this capacity we are about loose.

  Mr Sambou please operate an account for orphans and families of our Gambians brothers and sisters.

  KB

Lang Tunkara <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
  Jabou:
I strongly beg to differ on the assertion that Dibba joined the APRC. He
was the speaker of the house of representative of the Gambia. And that
institution does not belong to one single person or party. It is for
Gambians. Tell me what is wrong with that.

You must be very close to him to have an inside knowledge of what SM is
doing as your indication of how silent he was concludes. If you choose to
stay thousands of miles away from home, please do not expect to know
everything that goes on there, or have everyone to personally inform you
what he or she is doing. Impossible!!!! I think it is very unfair for you
to dubbed him that.

But what is important for us to know is that the man will do what he thinks
is right no matter how others will judge. And I think what you've been
yearning for all these years accorded him that right. That is to stand up
for what he thinks is right and do so not by writing on the Gambia-l but on
the ground-ie in the Gambia. Correct me if I am wrong, doesn't that is what
democracy is all about? When you indicated that unlike Halifa, SM did his
deeds to safe faces. I think you are absolutely correct not. Ms Joh, we
are all working towards a common goal; to see a better Gambia. Any effort
towards that direction should be encourage, not undermined. The NADD and
her leadership are certainly not better equipped than the rest to bring does
changes. You can see it written clearly on the wall. Try and work with
others, I mean take advantage of the slightest chance you got, because
chances like this are hard to come by. That is if you guys are sincere
about changing the course of direction to a better homeland.