GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulie Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 16:40:52 -0600
Karim:

You're right there is both qualitative and quantitative data albeit with
questionable veracity. My reservation is based on the factual disparities
between the treatment of Gambia born potential investors and Western born
potential investors. There is quite a few attributes of doing business in
Gambia included in the report - both qualitative and quantitative - whose
data compilation methodology can be very questionable based on the level of
business intelligence/data mining activity in Gambia. I know IBAS for a very
long time, have been involved in Business data compilation in collaboration
with the Department of Statistics. However, I cannot tell whose data the
World Bank team relied on for their analysis in this report. Nonetheless,
the report is comprehensive enough to provide a baseline for a more
realistic analysis.
Thanks,

-BambaLaye