GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheikh Tejan Nyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 1999 07:55:32 +0000
Sister Jabou,
There are people working on a book on football in The Gambia and they have got a
lot of material to sort out dating back to the late A.k. Saho and co. Musa Faal
formally of Bata and Serign Secka formally of Tourist office and National Drama
and now Manager of Setsetal Enterprise are the people working on it. You reminded
us of the great team those days with Fye Omar, Saihou Njie, Tissus Fye, Musa Njie
Yusupha Sibby,Gannet Coker, Kebba Diaz, Late Mustepha Conteh,Sam Forster,Ebou
Joof, Muntaga Gillen, Nyanga Sallah, Parcy Coker,etc etc .I cant mention myself
as the first keeper of Real because i was not good enough and later became one of
the officials . Laugh. I am enjoying the discussion and am sure a lot of the
Arrance and Adonis fans would remember when Real humiliated Arrance such much
that Azis Jagne had to ask Late Yusu Samba to count the number of Real players on
the field claiming that we had 12 men on the ground. Price  Coker do you remember
this event ? Laugh .I  think the score was 4 -2 to Real . I will confirm that
this evening when i meet with Hank.
Chi Jamma .
Bro Tejan,