GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:20:27 EDT
Lams:

Unmasking you as Essa Bokarr Saye should not be too hard. A perusal of the L
archives should easily unearth a direct correlation between the writing style
used by Essa Bokarr and that used by Lamin Ceesay. There is little doubt in
my mind that you are the former rep to France, especially after the howler of
a piece which preceded this response on the same thread.

Regardless, I do have to say that Essa Bokarr has to go into the annals as
one of the most quirky Gambians to have ever bombarded members of this medium
with packets of information.

Being quirky is not necessarily a bad attribute to have.  We all have this
quality in varying degrees, except that with you, you can be the devilish
Alieu Keita, professing to write from weird places like Tenerife and at the
same time engaging in personal death match with some of our esteemed
contributors, then, as in the instance of your previous post, you morph to a
funnier and more harmless Lams Ceesay.  It is your prerogative to use this
quality as a positive or negative as it pertains to your contributions on the
L.  I am sure you know what I mean.  To do this, you must dissociate yourself
from the present regime and then use your quirks towards more honorable
pastimes.  This, as opposed to being the APRC's cyber warlord(s).

On your quip about the economic importance of Taiwan, I do agree that she is
a major World player.  Her economic position today is a result of over 50
years of good bilateral ties with the Americans, who, for obvious reasons,
made sure Taiwan was in the position, economically and militarily, to ward
off her hostile and bigger neighbor, the real People's Republic of China.

Despite the USA's uneasy relationship with the present regime back home, one
of her closest allies in Taiwan is not only a key contributor to the Bank of
Allah, but is also one of the key allies of the current regime.  Since you
are well versed in the economy of States and also have strong connections
with other Gambian envoys abroad, your opinion regarding this matter would be
very welcome.

Nevertheless, you must admit that Taipei is a far cry Paris where Haute
Culture characterized among other things by fine women, tasty aperitifs, fine
cheeses and great wines is the norm.  In Taipei, making sure that one is not
being served a sumptuous meal of Chinese Chow dog meat is apparently a
constant running battle.

Anyway, I must go now.  I think your response was a howler but this still
does not make you any other than the eccentric Essa Bokarr.

Have a nice one out there..