GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2001 17:14:40 EDT
In a message dated 6/2/2001 11:49:09 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Sometimes I wonder whether some of our elders who we
 looked up to in our primary school days are stable in  their convictions.
How can one endorse a child killer? How can one beg a child killer who has
disgraced you and made a fool out you?   >>

Conteh,

More than that, how does one endorse, work with, collaborate with and support
or help to advance the efforts of a child killer and a breaker of all the
laws of our country?  These are the reasons some of us speak out because if
one does not speak out for the truth and justice, then they cannot expect to
be protected by the same. All of us spend our childhoods being bombarded with
advice about the importance of  truth, integrity and pride in being an
excellent individual in all our endeavours. I cannot recognize some of us due
to the bad character traits that have surfaced in our midst.There is no grey
line between truth and lies, so one either is on the side of truth, or
supporting lies, no matter how nicely packaged the latter may be.

Jabou Joh