GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulaye Saine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 16:36:26 -0400
G-L Community:

I have followed the debate over female circumcision/female genital
mutilation with great interest and wanted to inject another dimension
that is seldom or not explicitly made, i.e., "FMG/FC as a Human Rights
Issue."

Consequently, I would like to share with you the remarks I made at
Minneapolis-St.Paul, Minnesota, on Saturday, October 14, when men in
this state honored Gambian Women, Gambian Women in Chicago and Women
married to Gambian Men in the Twin-Cities. It was a very sumptuous and
celebratory gala that deserves emulation.

To the folks in the Twin-Cities, Minnesota, thank you for your
hospitality and for the fifth banquet honoring Gambian Women.

Regards,

Abdoulaye