GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ansumana Kujabi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:24:24 -0000
NGUM:

I do understand that this a democratic forum where people are free to
advance their individual opinions; but I must ADMONISH you that you have
exercised your democratic and inalienable rights DISHONESTLY. By trying to
embarrass and discourage Officer Chongan from vividly narrating what had
really happened to him and other officers on death row is a clear
illustration of your short-sightedness, ignorance, selfishness, period. You
are not only guilty of INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY, but also guilty of
INTELLECTUAL TERRORISM. Instead of encouraging the Officer in helping us
piece together their horrendous ordeal, you are in actual fact, chasing him
away. For weeks now, we have hearing only from COLLY about what happened to
these officers, and now we have began to hear from the HORSE'S MOUTH; and by
hearing from the horse's mouth, we would all be in a position to judge the
credibility of COLLY'S accounts. I opine that other officers too should also
come forward to spill out the beans. Colly was not the only officer out
there who went through the horrendous ordeal; they were more than just names
who also went through that horrible nightmare, and yet they are all keeping
quiet about it. I AM APPEALING TO ALL THOSE OFFICERS WHO EXPERIENCED THE
HORRENDOUS ORDEAL ON DEATH ROW TO VOLUNTEER THEIR TIME AND ENERGY AND COME
FORWARD TO TELL THEIR SIDE OF THE STORY. WE NEED TO HEAR FROM THE HORSES'
MOUTHS TOO.

I will take this opportunity to extend my heartfelt congrats to Officer
Chongan for his bravery, honesty, integrity and for taking time to piece his
side of the ordeal for us, despite mammoth tasks at hand. I am equally
disheartened by the INTELLECTUAL DISHONESTY and TERRORISM that Mr. Ngum has
shown in this one. He should apologize to Officer Chongan for playing such a
HANKY-PANKY HOOP on the Officer.

Ansumana.