GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
nancy waggeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 12:03:36 +0000
Essa,
I think you have to address this issue as the allegations are really grave. puting up innocent names in the terror alert list?This is very ungambian.If it is true,i wonder how low you stoop to be appointed an ambassador.One would always question the credibilty of your comments against Jammeh.
I am grossly dissappointed.
Concentrate on this issue as at now and vindicate yourself if you can otherwise reserve your comments.
laters.

Ams,
I sure have " a beef with Essa". However, it has nothing with who he is, but what he does and how far he can go to slaughter anyone doing something positive for The Gambia. I know Essa also a "beef " with Yaya and he tries to use the Gambia L to do this.
Now, to clarify the Essa recall more, Essa wrote to the US statement that there were some Gambians in the United States who had no legal domiciliary rights and also had some connections with some terrorists groups. Essa in that letter said that these were Gambians who the terrorists groups recruited. Essa gave a very long list of anyone who is publicly against Jammeh in this forum and any other forum. When the US state Department got the letter written on the Gambia government staple, they immediately contacted the government for clarification of the source.
Remember, this was the height of terror search in the US and also when they were alerted that the groups are now focusing or recruiting Africans and other non Arabs. The Gambia government could not explained for they did not give any such directions to their ambassador to do this. At this time, Jammeh was already prepared to go to Washington. The hotels and all arrangements were already made by only Essa Sey. The people jammeh was supposed to meet were all been negotiated by Essa, and in fact this was one reason why when he was recalled, a lot of the arrangements he made had to be canceled last minute.
If anyone here recalls, the trip was not a success for Jammeh. He went to a trade fair but some of his engagements had to be canceled.
Before leaving the Gambia, the Jammeh government was asked to explain how the list got some US citizens on the list. They were asked to recall Essa for at this time, they had a fairly good relationship with The Gambia and did not want to embarrass the Gambian people. Also reminder, before this, Essa and some of his friends at the security level in The Gambia tried to fabricate some stories about some foreigners in the Gambia as terrorists linking them to Al-Qaeda to make his stay here fruitful and make the Jammeh government more closer to the US government.
I can tell you from reliable sources that when Essa was recalled, he was reassigned to go to Freetown. How stupid must the Jammeh government be to recall the supposedly host ambassador just before the president's arrival? Come on fellows, let us all reason here together.
I have seen that in his last postings, Essa decided not to talk about why I address his article on the Gambian business men who may be trying to do something positive no matter who is in power. All that he has to do is to continue to "sink" himself as Bailo mentioned before. He needs to continue his "avalanche" against Jammeh and know the difference between Jammeh and the Gambia.

Alieu Sanyang.

Ams Jallow wrote:
In a message dated 2/8/2005 3:09:47 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Alieu Sanyang wrote:
>>Essa, do you remember the days you were recalled? Why were you recalled? I
>>bet if some of the members of the list knew what you reported to the US
>>state department that warrants the Gambia government to recall you, they
>>may never talk to you again. You are the most dangerous person I have ever
>>came across. You wrote to the US government a list of Gambians who you
>>were trying to tie to the US terror list because they were going to
>>demonstrate against President Jammeh on a trip to Washington. The US
>>government had all rights to ask the Gambian government for more prove
>>hence some of those you listed were Gambians but also US citizens.

We understand that you have a beef with Essa Sey and he deserves a benefit
of doubt to prove himself innocent. Since this is a serious charge, could you
give us more info on this? If not, one can always go through the FOI [Freedom
of Information Act]. I hope Essa and the rest of current Gambian
Embassy/Mission staff, fully understand and appreciate that demonstrating against Jammeh
is PATRIOTIC.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい