GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 09:54:25 -0500
Elhajj, although the day is still young here in the East Coast of the United
States, I must say that you made my day. Today each time some one tries to
foul my day, I will just go reread your piece and the brilliant rejoinder
Bambalaye sent to his earlier piece on the mediocre running our country.
Essa “school fees” Sey! Elhajj where did you get that one from? Rest assured
that the moron will NOT ‘Jakaar loh’. He might be a mental midget but he
knows how to self-preserve. During the campaign when he thought Yaya was
going to lose, he was markedly different from what you used to see and what
you will be seeing henceforth. The moron faked an illness just to stay away
from the fray in Banjul and the aftermath of a Yaya defeat.

Just like I pinned him down yesterday on the Millennium Airline thing, I
will be following his postings thoroughly and will use his OWN material to
hang him. Just watch. Elhajj, both you and BambaLaye touched on a very
important point; and that is Yaya and his cohorts use a very distorted form
of Islam to prey on gullible Gambians. Part of it is because the mental
midgets do NOT understand Islam. But another aspect is that some so-called
religious leaders in the country have deliberately decided to be the Devil’s
advocate, willingly spread distorted interpretations of Islam. Clearly, both
groups (the mental midgets and the dubious religious leaders) are all very
strong candidates for Hell Fire.

Elhajj, what can be more despicable than saying that God ‘ordained’ that
Yaya be the leader and order the massacre of innocent and defenseless
children? I frankly do NOT know what these people think God is. Do these
people understand the concept of ‘Free Will’ in Islam? Do they understand
why God gave man a conscience and a brain to distinguish between right and
wrong? DO they understand the difference between man and wild animals in the
wilderness? Elhajj, as know, these questions calls for some deep pondering.
The answers to these questions do NOT lie in classrooms in the U.S. or
England or what have you. One can also read the Koran from cover to cover
and also NOT find the answers. Not wishing to ignite a religious debate, I
will keep some of the answers to myself. But I think Elhajj that some time
in the past, I communicated to you in private where lies some of these
answers.

As some can probably tell, I do NOT like talking about religion. But I am
getting increasingly convinced that people have to do something about the
religious decadence in Gambia. Why should we allow mental midgets that do
NOT understand Islam be the ones spreading LIES and saying that it is God’s
word? Some men (who I do NOT know but friends told me spend a lot of time in
bars drinking alcohol) ‘preaching’ people about God and morality in Islam.
Hypocrites like Essa Sey and hateful vermin like ‘Imam’ Fatty (who thinks it
was all right to slaughter innocent Americans) ‘preaching’ people about
Islam. Elhajj, I have now resolved that it is our religious duty to also set
the record straight. We MUST NOT allow these people to LIE about God.

It is absurd to say that God ‘ordained’ the evil that men do. If that was
the case, we will NOT have Heaven and Hell and there will be no Satan. Islam
also does NOT say that citizens have to succumb to every leader and take all
sorts of abuse from them because God ‘ordained’ that they lead. Remember how
Islam started? Islam was a revolution. The status quo was changed. God did
NOT tell the Prophet to just follow the religion of the then king of Mecca.
It is crazy how religious ‘leaders’ in Gambia will tell people to just
succumb to Yaya because God ‘ordained’ that Yaya steal power and continue to
use violence to stay in power and loot our meager resources in order to lead
a flamboyant life-style. I guess all the criminals (prisoners) in the
country should be freed then because God ‘ordained’ that they commit crimes.
This is absurd. God NEVER ordained that Yaya be a criminal that stole power
and continue to enslave our people.

What these religious ‘leaders’ should be preaching to their people are
verses that teach us to stand up against EVIL. No one can deny that it is
EVIL to slaughter innocent and defenseless children. Why these religious
‘leaders’ are NOT standing up against that, they will explain to God one
day. Standing up against EVIL can be as negligible as just speaking up
against EVIL. But no! The ‘leaders’ and the hypocrites in the country are
trying to tell our people that it is God’s fault that some EVIL is going on
in the country. From the bottom of my heart, Elhajj, I feel very sorry for
these people. Because they do NOT know/understand God, they are NOT afraid
of HIM. In His own time, God will show them. Just watch. Anybody that thinks
that God ‘ordains’ the EVIL that men do, does NOT know a darn thing about
Islam.
KB