GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 May 2002 19:49:21 +0200
On 15 May 2002 at 17:05, Habib Ghanim wrote:
> Thanks Yus
>
> If I am wrong I stand corrected and apologize accordingly. . I was under the
> impression that that was the case >
>
> However,I will ask Tony Loum when he gets back from Banjul . His mom's funeral
> was yesterday and the Hagan StreetCathedral wasfully attendedas told to me by a
> friend who was there.
>
> I wish the articles of incorporation and the bylaws of the G-l would be
> reposted as it was done at the beginning for the benefit of all of us to
> review.
>
> To the list managers I think you should clarify this issue .- Please note it is
> not for confrontation but just to educate and inform us

Brother Habib,
It is true that the number one ingredient of Gambia-L is the subscribers but you are not
wrong in your assertion that "Gambia-L is not publicly owned or Government institution"
and has never been.

I shall elaborate more on the history and administration of Gambia-L at a later time but
in the mean time those members of the list who doubt the Ownership of the L are
welcome to enquire through St.Johns or search through the archives.

There is no doubt that there are numerous talented Gambians out there who capable of
becoming List Managers and in fact every one of you can be. There is also a fact that
today anyone can have a mailing list because of the software and services available on
the Internet.

Best regards,
Momodou Camara