GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
momodou olly-mboge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 07:46:25 -0500
Hello Mr Sillah and fellow L-members,

The democracy meeting went very well.  It was well attended by the Gambian
Diaspora in the U.K. and there well wishers.  British MPs notably (John
Macdonald MP, Diane Abbott MP, Jeremy Corbyn MP etc) were present. These
people have given there commitment to assist us in our struggle to bring
back democracy, decency and civility to our beloved Gambia.  The British
Media was also represented , Patrick Smith of Africa Confidential, Kaye
Whitman(formerly of West Africa magazine) were also present.

Politicians from the Gambia gave passionate speeches about the  appalling
state of affairs in our country under the bullying arm of Jammeh and his
cohorts.  Amat Bah-NRP, Femi Peters-UDP and Omar Jallow(O.J) and many more
made contributions.

Regardless of my political sympathies which do not conform with those
represented, i do feel strongly that, Gambians are RIGHTLY calling for unity
in the next coming elections.  I think all political groups should at this
juncture work very hard towards some form of unity, part of which is to vote
tactically during the coming election.

I believe the chair of the MRDG-UK and other fellow members are working on a
more fitting report on the Wednesday meeting in the house of Commons.

Yahya and his group should take note that our fight have gone to a new
level.  We are on the move now, the MRDG-UK will be upping the ante more
vigorously in the run up to election.  We shall never be found wanting
towards our duty to our country.

Thank you MRDG-UK.  Keep it up.  Gambia shall be free, come whatever.

regards,

Mboge