GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Jabang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:37:59 GMT
Asalaamu alaikum G-l

Alhamdulillah and someone asked Shaickh al-Munajjid.

Question:
I HAVE SHIFTED INTO A NEW HOUSE. PLEASE
      COULD YOU SUPPLY ME WITH A DUAA FOR THE
      PROTECTION OF MY HOUSE, SINCE I AM
      GETTING MARRIED AND HAVE RE-LOCATED TO A
      NEW AREA.

Answer:
Praise be to Allaah.

We put this question to Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih
al-‘Uthaymeen, who answered as follows:

“Praise be to Allaah. When he enters a house or stops to camp in a
spot out of doors, he should say, ‘A’oodhu bi kalimaat-Illaah
it-taammaati min sharri ma khalaq (I seek refuge in the perfect
words of Allaah from the evil of that which He has created)’ three
times. If he says this, then nothing will harm him until he leaves that
place.”

The house he is talking about is a new house which he is going to go
and live in for the first time. What should he say?

“When he enters it for the first time, he should say, ‘A’oodhu bi
kalimaat-Illaah it-taammaati min sharri ma khalaq.’”

Can he say, “Rabbi anzilni munzalan mubaarakan [My Lord! Cause
me to land at a blessed landing-place – al-Mu’mineen 23:29 –
interpretation of the meaning]”?

“This is for when one embarks on a boat or ship.”

And Allaah knows best.