GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
kalilu camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Nov 2000 11:39:10 GMT
Dear Friends,
The strength of a government is directly proportional to her ability to
treat her children and women with dignity and respect.These two groups
are in grave need for protection and for fair treatment by other members of
the society.In most instances women and children are less
economically able to fend for themselves,therefore every negative
trend in society hit these groups first and hardest.
  The injustices done on the young of Gambia and the this new trend of
witch hunt in the name of social decency  MUST BE SEIZED IMMEDIATELY!
People have a tendency to want to eat regardless of their means  to that
end.When a people are void of alternatives to provide for themselves the
basics of life such as food, shelter and clothing they will do socially
deviant undertake to meet these needs.
  Face with these kind of trend the government should have the mind set and
compassion to initiate programmes that will provide alternatives to
these socially unacceptable trends.Given the trends in  HIV infection rates
in Africa it will not be any womans luxury decision to sell their
privacy to the public such as ours.
  Other means of solving this problem other than violence must be adapted!!
                                 kalilu camara