GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 22:01:50 -0600
Dear CONCERNED CITIZEN,
  Thanks for reminding me of this rather unfortunate incident, and although
I am not an expert on public relation as I said earlier, common reasoning
tells me that the overtly vituperative decision by List Managers to delist
this Baba Keita is somewhat lame if you ask me. I'll always give respect to
List managers wherever respect is due, but they must accept constructive
criticism whenever cap fits. Having tasted the goods myself, i.e being once
exiled from this very List, I can almost relate to how this Baba Keita is
feeling , i.e if there is even a Baba Keita and if he is actually being
delisted by List Managers as some you said. At this point Baba is asking
questions that perhaps only List Managers can answer. Put bluntly, if the
decision was up to me, I would delist anyone unless and until I have made
very clear rules and regulations outlining what is considered inappropriate
or unacceptable and what is appropriate or acceptable. The rules must be
CLEAR, not VAGRANT. What is see is lots of vagrant laws akin to hierarchy
of prestige profiling. Meaning if the other is a dignitary, chances are
those vagrant laws will come to hunt you. So as an advocate for justice, I
will call it as I see fit and my say on the List Manager's decision is that
it does no justice if X Keita can say whatever he wants and Y keita can't
say whatever he wants. Both should be dealt with accordingly regardless of
X Keita's hierarchy of prestige. this cherry picking of who I like and who
I don't is not what one consider a set of rules. If X Keita is still on
the list then Baba Keita should be re-subscribed period. As for the idea
that some of the List managers are being bought out by Yahya, I doubt it
chucklingly, but am not going to rule it either. Call me paranoid, but I
would not even believe rabbi if he tells me he is Jewish. My trust level
for people these days has dropped exponentially. In America, some people
think Jesus is dead and Elvis is Alive. Go figure!

So List Managers, please listen to the yearnings and wishes of the members
who infact made this list what it is . Without them, you don't have a list.
Just give us the doggone rules so we can atleast know when to apologize
or better yet refrain from breaking any rules altogether.It's a no-brainer!
Here is a science-fictioned impromptu of this incident: Suppose X Keita is
the APRC and Y Keita is the UOP(United Opposition Party), and the List
Managers the EIC, then this decision would not be what one would consider
a FREE and FAIR elections, would it? No, it wouldn't. It'd be devastating!
Bottomline, treat everyone the same. You do unto others what you yourself
would like others to do unto you, KAPUT. I hope our competent List Managers
would do what is right and just ease on the whip on some of us who do not
have that hierachal prestige (dignitary status). If Baba keita is infact
delisted because X Keita, I find that to be supreme injustice and on behalf
of fellow compatriots ask the List Managers to reinstate his subscription
forthwith. This is my 2 bututs on this ransack epilogue. Let's go back to
work folks, surviving victims of the tragic student demonstrations are
waiting for medical and financial assistance and here we are juggling
back and forth from frivolous innuendos and insidious  tactics by these
APRC cyberCRATS. Again, injustice anywhere is a threat to justice anywhere..

                                                For Justice,
                                                Mr Makaveli!