GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 2004 10:06:21 EST
> "Baba Jobe may be surrendered by The Gambia government to the War Crimes
> Tribunal in Sierra Leone to face possible charges of complicity in
> prosecuting the atrocious conflict in that country provided the latter makes
> a request to that effect, highly placed sources intimated to The
> Independent."
>
> I hope that those in The Gambia government who feel threatened by what Baba
Jobe may reveal about them do not think that  this a convenient way to shut him
up and get rid of him once and for all. How many times in teh past have we
witnessed the Gambia government making all sorts of attempts to deny charges
levied against Baba Jobe by the U.N and now suddenly, they are talking about
handling him over? I hope they do that so he can really tell the World who his
real collaborators were. I doubt that anyone would be naive enough to think that
if Baba Jobe was involved in gun running or illegal diamond deals, he was
doing this independently without the collaboration and benefit of others as well.
On the other hand, if anythinf sinister were to happen to Baba Jobe, that in
itself would also be quite telling on the powers that be in The Gambia just
like the attempted murder of Ousman Sillah has alerted the World as to the
misdeeds happening in the corridors of power in our country.

Jabou Joh