GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 09:44:06 EST
Basil,

Thanks to you and all the other brothers who have sent us ladies Valentine's
greetings. It shows that our men do have very soft spots in their hearts for
us, and we all appreciate that very much.
On the land issue in Zimbabwe, you are quite right. Mugabe  had many years in
which he could  have taken care of that , and it was just a tool for him to
use this time around. However,  the people of Zimbabwe saw through that farce
very quickly. He thought he could use it as a smoke screen to blind the
people to what he was actually up to, which is as you rightly pointed out, to
consolidate himself in power.It is a good sign that our people are becoming
politically savvy, and will no longer tolerate these kinds of tactics, and i
say long live this trend of thinking on our continent.

Jabou

In a message dated 2/17/00 7:28:28 AM Central Standard Time,