GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Camara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:23:53 +0100
I paid the 5 Euros through a paypal account two days ago.  The mail I received from Paypal stated  "You have 45 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute in the Resolution Center."
My username and password had been sent to me after paying through paypal. However, it ended in my spam folder because it was marked as 99% spam and I did not realise until I called the guy.

Yesterday I spoke to the owner through the German phone number provided in the contact information. He is from Gabon or some other country on the West Coast. His name is Zacharie Joly Nkondo according to the paypal receipt and he answered the phone as Joly.
During my conversation with him, he asked me if I could assist him in writing an English user manual due to the fact that many people write to him asking questions of how to download or exit from the program and his English was not that good. I told him that I had no time but he definitely needs to write some instructions.
The anoying thing is that one has to copy and paste the user name each time you want to change from one TV Channel to the other (e.g from RTS to Gambia TV. The programes are Live broadcasts.
The guy told me that one could order a USB key inorder to avoid being asked the user name and password.

Honestly, I was also suspicious when I was directed to an error page which looked dubious after paying the 5 Euros.

There is no guarantee that the guy is not one of those scammers, so one has to be cautious always not to give your bank details to strangers specially the internet secondly make sure you have an updated internet security program (firewall and antivirus) installed.

regards,
Momodou Camara