GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Binneh Minteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 20:58:06 -0500
YAHYA JAMMEH SNUBS 14 MAN LIBYAN DELEGATION-WHY?

According to sources from Banjul,Yahya has snubbed a 14 man delegation from
Libya.
They were finally received by others,however,the message they came with is
yet to be revealed... Certainly it was meant for Yahya and he will read it
when they go home.
He may even shamelessly turn around and say:"Ok let them in for 5 minutes
only!" Yahya's 5 minutes is 5 hours because when the conversation turns to
laughter,he will start the "rabb and jinneh musa" stories.These stories
take hours and hours and hours!
We all know that Yahya pretends to play roles in 'supposedly' highly rated
movies without having the talents of an oscar.Anyway he shoots and then
rates his movies for himself!
He has been doing such before and then turns around 360 degrees to
appease.Didn't he change the Colonel Ghadaffi Boulevard to its original
name Marina Parade when he was trying to seduce DC? Well Gambians saw him
all of a sudden name the Serekunda(new big mosque) after Colonel
Ghadaffi.Isn't it? The mosque is there and it has a name right on the front
door.
Any person who has the personality cult syndrome,if asked to choose between
being named after a street,mosque or church would certainly choose the last
two.As usual Ghadaa will never lose the battle before present and former
beggars.
The facts are there and the local vendors who sit and sell near the new
mosque know what we are saying here.People can visit Yahya's program during
the last July 22nd Dark day celebrations and see? Part of the programme on
that day was to innaugurate the Ghadaffi mosque at SereKunda.That was the
day he started insulting Imam Fatty and co.Fatty never bowed before Yahya
because he knows all those who enter the "halwah" for Yahya.Any person who
said what Fatty spewed on Yahya would have by now been eating berri berri
at mile Two!!! Thats certain!!! Yahya knows the people he plays with.
Yahya is trying to avoid them(the Libyans) for he knows they will remind
him about Baba Jobe and their trips from Djerba Tunisia to Tripoli.They
will remind him when he,Jobe,Yankuba Touray and others were plying the
desert to go and get bread crumps from Sirte.They will remind him when he
traversed the desert protesting against the UN travel ban.As the old saying
goes shaking them cannot seperate a donkey from its long ears.
Idriss Debby of Chad went to war with Libya but he is stil playing it cool
with them and they have signed a lot of projects.Libya went to war with
Italy during the Omar Mohtarr's liberation fight but few weeks ago we saw
Muamar Ghadaffi himself in Rome.
Abdoulaye Wade,Mandela and other well known African leaders still play it
cool with Libya.Would any person who is in his right mind say that Mandela
is scared of Ghadaffi? We all know what the old man said in the open during
the Iraq war towards Bush the head of the most powerful country in the
world!
These facts show us that Yahya is playing a movie and he is really
scared.We will see very very soon whether it is Yahya or Ghadaa(as some of
us call him) who will win the match?
Questions being asked by those who sent the news are:Why snub the
delegation at a time when Libya his former custodian is getting closer and
closer to DC and he is striving hard to be accepted near Pennsylvania
avenue?
Well we will not give any pre-emptive views here however,the hard core
facts will be known very very soon.They are not pleasant and Libyans will
be diplomatic in the beginning until when pushed to whip our man in
warambas.
Ghadaffi will never ever lose the battle,especially when he faces a former
beggar!
Let us wait and see from now towards the end of March or April(if Yahya is
still there),we will hear what is being brewed behind the curtains.

God save The Gambia!

Binneh S Minteh
New York University.