GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edi Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Dec 2001 14:15:59 +0000
Well said Gassa,

I may like to add the fact that a meeting place of idea like this,there
should be agendas regarding the ways and means of changing the clock around
for the people of the Gambia who were long since suffering from the failures
of our so called intellectual leaders. we should try to be patient and put
some positive items forward at the early stage as well as more concrete
proposals. These proposals could have then be discussed and if necessary a
compromise could probably have been found more easily, negative attitutes
alone will never win.

In this way, we are giving them "the government" some initiatives then
engage them to real issues that we think are not right for the future of our
nation and her people. To get what you want, you most give-up something for
a change, Therefore, the government cannot be totally wrong at-least there
should be some positive things during their time in office. I believed the
internation community will pay some interest if only our approaches towards
the issue are strategical to better Gambia in heart thinking not radical and
offensive thinking of some of our friends. Once again Mr Gassa, thank for
you contributioon.
Edi