GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoulie Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:37:11 -0500
Beran,

Thanks for the response and I hope that you had an enjoyable Eid.
I had little doubt that you will not condone torture and other forms of
human degradation especially when directed on innocent folk back home. I am
afraid your point was obscured by other inferences you made in your
posting. Frankly, I was a bit shaken by the way you attempted to put your
point across cuss I’ve seen people change hearts like they change clothes
here on the list. Evil will always be evil regardless of which angle you
look at it from.
I am sure you will agree that torturers strive when they can act in
secrecy. Have no doubt that the person in question in this particular case –
 Tijan Bah – is a confirmed torturer by accounts of his victims. Therefore,
we should make a point to make sure that his life becomes at least half as
miserable as his victims.
In moving a country forward, any decent citizenry will work to identify all
wrongs as well as identify those responsible for these wrongs to make sure
they own up to their acts. By doing so, we will assure our kids and their
kids that such treacherous acts of human degeneration are a thing of the
past. If we are to move forward, we must first identify those acts and
actors that will hold us back in our strive for greater peace and harmony.
There is no point in ignoring such treachery. It will hunt us back if we
do.

Abdoulei A. Jallow
(BambaLaye)
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter."
M.L. King Jr.