GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 09:35:34 EDT
Ebrima Ceesay,

I heard this news on public radio yesterday, and this kind of across the
board ownership of news media has been the trend in the U.S and this one I
believe  is a first in that it brings the ownership of not just  print and
television under the control of one owner, but also the control of content.
This monopolization of media is why the so-called corporate media can be so
easily used as a tool to control what people think and hear based on what
they are fed.
It is a dangerous trend indeed, and since the laws against monopolization of
media or anything else for that matter here in the U.S have been pretty much
done away with, it is only going to get worse. This goes hand in hand with
mega corporations that buy out the small competion, and becoem giant
corporations and the push for empire by the current administration is to make
it easy for these giant corporations to use the rest of the World as sources
of cheap labour so they can make more profit.
Those who oppose unlawful occupation of other countries and Globalization are
indeed looking at teh bigger picture of the final implication of all this,
but the corporate media is also hard at work indoctrinating people so they
are willing victims.
Helas!

Jabou Joh