GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamjatta Kanteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 14:15:15 EDT
In a message dated 31/05/00 12:40:59 GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< or as I said earlier that your relatives illigal properties are on stake
 and if only Jammeh is out, they will acquire the assets,Not a chance >>
Mr Edi Sidibeh,
    for your information and for the record, I have no relative who has had
his/her property confiscated by Jammeh. I have no blood relative who is
occupying or has ever occupied public office in the Gambia elective or
appointed. In essence I originate from a family of traders. I happen to be
the generation who were lucky amongst the clan to be educated in the English
language.
    and another thing, i have no ambition whatsoever in public office
elective or appointed in the Gambia. some of us are suited for other stuff.
like many silent Gambians abroad, i can keep my silence and concentrate my
energy, time and resources in furthering my personal growth. my only crime
here is i happen to be sick and tired of the mess that is happening in Africa
caused by Africans themselves. to top that i happen to have conscience which
obliges me to speak my mind on anything i feel something is amiss.
    before you go on about stuff you are in the dark about it, helps to ask
before you make a fumbling fool of yourself. As they say about absurd
characters, they are the last to realise their glaring absurdities. You just
keep that popular trash coming. You are getting better at it.
     for all that it is worth, if you don't understand anything that I have
been trying to hit into that pigeon head of yours, I will most certainly take
time to write everything in Wollof or Mandingo for you if that is what you
can understand.
Chaw Chaw Hamjiii

hkanteh