GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2001 11:24:58 -0400
Joke, another miscalculation on your part. I bet you misinterpreted my
silence from yesterday and thought that I heeded the advise of people like
Yusupha and Edrissa to ease up on you. No chance. I was extremely tied up on
very important matters yesterday and did not have time to even access G_L,
let alone respond to messages. If people should learn one thing about me,
that should be that it is an exercise in gross futility to try and control
what I want to discuss and who I want to debate on G_L. I pay no mind to
that type of dictatorial tendencies especially when it is coming from people
like Yusupha (who would rather discuss soccer on G_L than debunk APRC
propaganda).

I will take this opportunity to inform Yusupha and Edrissa and anybody with
fantasies of controlling my contributions on G_L that they should be more
preoccupied about what they themselves are contributing here. Do your part
and let others do their part. I do not criticize you for discussing soccer
while people like Dumo are being unlawfully incarcerated for crimes they did
not commit. So I will not accept criticism from you for trying to debunk
APRC propaganda.

Besides, most of the issues people like Yusupha think we are not talking
about, have already been talked about. I counsel Yusupha to go to G_L
archives and search postings I sent dealing with voter registration,
building us a coalition for the coming elections, raising funds for the
coming elections and other related elections issues. We do not have the time
to be repeating ourselves on those issues while the Jokes of this world are
given a free hand to spread their lies and vicious propaganda. If you people
do not have the inclination or the wherewithal to take Joke on, let others
do it.

Yusupha wanted to know how attacking Joke can help the Opposition win the
elections. This question coming from someone that thinks that he is more
politically matured than Waa Juwara. You think it helps the Opposition to
allow Joke to convince the Gambian electorate that Yaya is the best thing
that has ever happened to the country? What use would the funds and a
coalition be to the Opposition if Gambians are convinced that the Opposition
is nothing but a bunch of hateful extremist without plans to move the
country forward? How can the Opposition win the elections if the electorate
is convinced that without Yaya there will be no development in the country?

Turning to Edrissa, most of the pertinent questions you wanted answers to,
cannot be answered by me. I am not an Opposition leader that is being called
upon to unite with others. I am also not the author of their party
manifestos. What I can do and what I have done, is to put out 'a case for a
united Opposition' and work to convince our leaders to get together. These
things do not just happen because so, so and so says so. Parties have to
negotiate and come up with arrangements they are comfortable with. I do NOT
have the power or the desire to force anyone to unite with people they do
not want to unite with. Another question raised by Edrissa was how can we
convince Gambians that Yaya et al are murderers. We certainly CANNOT do that
letting Joke's propaganda go unchallenged. I hope Edrissa re-read his mail
and see how he contradicted himself. And also try and come up with answers
and solutions to some of the questions he posed. The struggle belongs to
none of us. Every Gambian can come up with his contributions. Before Edrissa
asks Dampha to stop about talking about things that are important to Dampha
and instead talk about things that are important to Edrissa, Edrissa should
be bringing up his own solutions. Talk about whatever you want. Just don't
tell me what I should be talking about; especially when you are asking me to
repeat myself on issues I have already touched on. If my postings
'irritates' you, simply delete them as soon as my name shows up. I am NOT
holding a gun to anybody's head asking them to read me.

Now moving to Joke. I will ignore some of your senseless rhetoric and just
focus on your lies. You asked: "Where and when did I apportion blame to the
APRC, the Army or isatou Njie-Saidy or our dead school children alone?".
Well, I ask you to tell me who said you apportioned blame to those people
ALONE? Joke, you cannot play word games with me. Because you are dishonest,
and trying to defend the indefensible, you cannot measure up to me. Go and
re-read the paragraph you quoted from me and see for yourself how you have
again made a fool of yourself.

Have you ever blamed the Army for some of the atrocities in the country?
Have you ever blamed the children for calling an unnecessary demonstration
on April 10 and 11, 2000? Did you not say that Isatou Njie-Saidy might have
given the orders to shoot and kill our children on April 10 and 11, 2000?
Did you not blame the APRC parliamentarians for the passing of the Indemnity
Decree? This was my point. Instead of addressing these lies and
inconsistencies on your part, you decided as usual to try and cloud the
issue by insinuating that I was saying that you were blaming these people
and entities individually for being solely responsible for certain
atrocities. Joke, it does not take me a second to see through your childish
lies. When have you ever blamed Yaya for being solely responsible for a
crime or being more culpable than his co-criminals? NEVER. I challenge you
to give us an incident. This is the reason I said you are loyal to no one
but Yaya and Joke. If Yaya were to kill your own children, I can bet my last
dime that you will find a way of blaming your own child for causing Yaya to
kill the child.

Refute my point. Tell us that Yaya alone ordered the massacre of our
children while he was in Cuba. Tell us that Yaya alone sabotage the
investigation in the massacre of our children. Respond to the evidence I
showed you the other day about Yaya ordering the transfer of $3 million from
the Central Bank to a personal account with Credit Lyonnais in Switzerland.
Tell us that Yaya is corrupt to the core and is a low-life thief. Better
still, if you do not have the decency and the guts to blame Yaya for his
crimes, tell us the extent of his culpability with others you feel are
responsible for these crimes. You cannot run away from the fact that you
have puppy dog loyalty for Yaya. When it comes to Yaya's criminality, you
wear thick 'blinkers' and refuse to see daylight. You can bamboozle others,
but you do not stand a chance with me. Just the attempt on your part, shows
that you are a moron. The dumbest person on G_L has to read just one posting
from me to realize that it is not easy to fool me.

The quotation you gave from Yusupha just goes to prove the point I was
making to him since he resurfaced on G_L. The last thing one does, is give
ammunition to your enemies to hit you with. You should have addressed your
question to him and not me. I am not the one with "the high level of
frustration, desperation and lack of understanding of UDP's strategy". Even
if I were ignorant of UDP's strategies, I will first of all inform myself
about those strategies before attacking them on a public forum like this and
turning around and calling myself an Opposition member. You just proved my
point that criticism has to be constructive and discrete. It does not do the
Opposition any good if our words can be used by our enemies to brag.

For your information, Joke, Yusupha retracted on the fundamental issues I
had with his criticisms. He retracted on Pesseh and he also retracted on Waa
Juwara. If he is frustrated by and ignorant of UDP policies, it is his own
making. Numerous people spoke about the Waa Juwara issue. Yusupha decided to
have his own interpretation about what the man said and what he should have
said. There is very little anybody can do about that. Now Yusupha wants Waa
Juwara to go around answering questions nobody asked Waa to answer. I do not
expect you to realize how absurd that this. The man is asked about women and
politics and you want him to talk about something else. You twist what he
said and transpose that to a totally different issue. This is dishonest. You
are comparing apples and oranges.

Frankly, I cannot make head or tail about the mumbo jumbo involving girls
shadowing professional women to work and what that has to do with the
question Waa was posed about "women's increased participation in active
politics". See why I said that you are not making sense because you are
dishonest? People are talking about one thing and you bring in other things
and try to put words in people's mouths. Waa talks about women and politics,
you want to insinuate that the man is against women and girls moving up in
society. See what a vicious liar you are? Did you ask the man his views
about girls going to the work place to shadow professional women? Did you
ask him whether he is happy (as you are) with the current status of women
under your despicable government?

The moron you support is the anti-feminist. Matter of fact, he is
anti-family and anti-Gambians. You do not have to go very far. Just look at
the contempt with which he treated Gambian women in his own household. Do
you think such a vermin can be trusted with the livelihood of our women and
children? What is the use of taking a child to work to shadow a professional
woman after you fired the parents of that child from their jobs
unjustifiably and rendered the family of that child destitute?

Joke, I am disappointed some in the Opposition that claim they have a decent
degree of intelligence cannot see through your smoke-screen. You lured them
into ignoring the despicable record of APRC vis-a-vis our women, children
and families, and instead focus on the lies you told about Waa Juwara. I do
not fall for such silly gimmicks coming from you. Too childish to throw me
off. Joke, you again lied about me when you said that I was dissociating the
UDP from Waa's comments. Quote what I said.

What do you mean when you say that I was parading Mariam Denton as a typical
Gambian woman? I simply pointed out that if she could be actively involved
in party politics, what was stopping people like Adelaide Sosseh, Juka
Jabang and those you listed from joining active politics? Where did you come
up with all these silly notions again? When people are talking about one
thing, you go off the wall and start daydreaming about something else. You
just wanted an opportunity to scandalize the woman you came here few weeks
ago to hail as a professional and a good person. See how phony and sorry you
are? You are dishonest. I knew when you talked about Mariam in a good light
the other day, you were lying. There are many Gambians whose family members
were hoist into bogus Kangaroo courts and accused of all sorts of bogus
charges of corruption. I am sure when one looks closely, you yourself have
been victimized by this illegal government. You and many like you, are
cowards and do not have the guts to stand up and speak up for yourself and
your families and friends. Some of you (like Joseph Joof) will even go to
the extent of abandoning your family members (like Hawa Sisay and Ousman
Sabally) that have been victimized by Yaya. You are too scared to even
cough. If men like you have been emasculated by an impotent like Yaya, some
women have no choice but to step to the plate and do what is right.

Joke, as for your other junk, I do not have much to say to it. I realized
that when you are cornered you resort to one-liners that say nothing. When I
demonstrate that you are a liar, you call my logic 'warped' without backing
up what you are saying. What can I say? Just that please back your rhetoric
rather than just engaging in name-calling. When I call you a moron, I always
demonstrate your stupidity. Likewise when I call you a hypocrite; I show
your inconsistencies.

I am again not surprised that you did not get what I was addressing when I
talked about Affirmative Action and the U.S. You are very narrow-minded and
you are a moron too. Go re-read what Hamjatta and Dr. Saine wrote on this
topic and you will understand why I said what I said about Affirmative
Action in the U.S.

As far as your final submission is concerned, I will just say to you that
talk is cheap. You can throw all sorts of accusations at people. But why
don't you demonstrate to us the barriers that UDP put in place to discourage
women from entering into politics? What odds did the UDP 'stack' against
women?
KB