GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 2010 22:00:39 -0500
Yanks,
          Trust me, I feel uncomfortable to belabor this issue any
further; but, if the knowledge base is ideological, it has never been
baseless. It is premise on sound intellectual reasoning.

         It started with a concept; the idea of a sovereign Gambian
identity that goes far beyond the frontiers of our partisan or ethnic
dispositions, to carve the destiny of a nation that we all proudly call
our home.

         Second, it has a mission to awaken the conscience, and arouse
the intellectual curiosity and consciousness of our soverieign Gambian
reality; so much so that we will be able to fathom not only with what
is wrong with what we do, but also how best we can do it better.

         Third, it has a vision to build a strong democractic culture;
promote the rule of law; civil liberties; freedom of speech and
expression; independence of the judiciary and legislature; a viable and
sound economic policy and a political structure the engenders
presidential term limits, and give opportunity to every Gambian to
serve his/her  country on the basis of what he or she can deliver,
rather that what or where he or she belongs.

         Now, what is baseless in harboring such laudable ideals?

        Rene