GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 15:08:52 EDT
Well Yusupha Jow,

Perhaps it is your bizarre eagerness to find reasons to attack me these days,
 that caused you to interpret this statement of mine as a justification for
this terrible tragedy. Read it again and tell me how my mention of the fact
that all those poor Afghanis who were not part of anyone's plot to inflict
mayhem on innocent civilians  will be the ones to pay for this as opposed to
the real culprits transalate as justification for this attack. They are
victims of someone else's actions just like many an African is a victim of
many things, thus their suffering. And I guess the innocent people in
Afghanistan who did not have any hand in this are also not part of the good
hard working people of the World. Perhaps we should only be concerned about
Africans suffering, and if so, then why are you addressing the plight of the
hard working people of the World? You see how your logic makes no sense?

The muslims in America who are being victimized by the actions of these
people are also ordinary people who have not caused anyone harm, infact, most
of them came here to escpae and find freedom of sorts.

Those who are not thinking clearly are the ones who are going after the
innocent people, and the also those who are trying to find any excuse to
attack Islam. You are quite right, this has nothing to do with Islam, and no
one said it did. This was my point and one which is shared by many straight
thinking  people  in this country and around the World who are able to avoid
the prejudice and put things into perspective.. No one in their right minds
can possible justify this atorcity, and any of us could have been the target
had we been in the vacinity, and can still be targets if it happens again.
Take a breather Yus, and think clearly, your quest to attack is begining to
give me another impression of you when I have always thought of you as
someone intelligent and objective.

Jabou Joh