GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
maimuna kujabi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 21:56:45 -0000
Mr.. Tombong Saidy:
We the people in the struggle to unseat your boss Dr. President Jammeh have
not heard your counter argument with regard to the State Department report.
The report speaks for itself because it is the very facts we have been
trying to have you and your Dr. President Jammeh to answer. It seems to me
that every time we the citizens of the Gambia raise the question of human
right violations and the many illegal activities this regime engages in, you
guys run for cover. If I may borrow a phrase from Ansumana Kujabi who has
been very instrumental in advocating the withdrawal of Dr. Stovall's
invitation to you and Yankuba Touray, you are a "Dry intellectual" who puts
his pocket before his integrity. By associating your self and defending the
wrongs of Dr. President Jammeh, you have lost the confidence of many of us
including your high school mates,who know you of advocating for good
governance. You cannot engage us in a fruitful debate if you and the Jammeh
camp refuse to answer many lingering questions that are on the minds of the
Gambian people. You may think that I have a personal problem with you. Let
me tell you that I do not have any bad feeling for you. However,as good and
decent Muslims, it is our duty to always speak the truth and point the
wrongs even if it is against our self. All along, you have bent on avoiding
to point out the wrongs of your Boss Dr. President Jammeh for reasons that
are only known to you. Presidents come and go and I hope when the wind of
change takes place and the dust settles,you will have a better explanation
for the people as to why you continue to support moron Jammeh's wrongful
treatment of the law abiding good people of the Gambia. Should you come to
terms with reality and decide to see things objectively, we the people on
the forum will be ready for a fruitful discussion of issues in the Gambia
that are dear to us. The Gambia is a sinking boat headed by an inexperience
Captain Jammeh. We cannot be bystanders because we belong to the Gambia.
That is why we have every reason to rescue that lovely boat of ours.  We
will continue the struggle to unseat dictator Jammeh at the ballot box no
matter how insignificant it may be. Thanks. By the way, I am proud of been a
Jola.
Maimuna Kujabi
A Concern Jola Citizen of the Gambia.