GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
panderry mbai <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 23 May 2006 06:55:51 +0100
WE ARE HERE TO REPORT AND REPORT WE SHALL DO!!!!
  I will not be used and I will not hide anybody from the truth
I am here to fight a cause and if that means people are shamed that is up to them,
if they are honest they need not worry, here is a email sent to me recently by none other than the good friend of yanks Mr Baboucarr Wadda when i ran the story about Yankuba Tourays businesswoman wife Mamie.

Pa,
I have been trying to talk to you about some of your postings and
specifically Mamie's delivery and the US healthcare issues. Each time i
called you are busy on the phone, but i would have love to discuss this with
you on the phone rather than email. Don't misconstrue any of these brotherly
advice. I know that u know my relationship  with Yanks at T-road and this
was way back 25yrs ago, and please don't misinterpret any of these things
with that. So many people are worried about these posting regarding Mamie's
delivery. I will tell you that  privately cos you are my brother.
  First of all, you are going to creat a problem that can hurt not only
Gambians, but others too. I think you need to do more research on how the US
healthcare delivery system works with regards to child birth. Let me tell
you few things i know and this applies to even Gambians resident in the US.
Anyone giving birth without insurance goes to ER( emergency room) and they
will let you deliver and takecare of the baby. After that you are billed and
the thing is that you don't give them your  right details( that is DOB and
address, and SS#). They even give them addresses that will never match their
real address for it not to be in their credit report. the child will have
all medical coverage as a citizen(Infant) under medicare. The only time the
mother gets attention after the birth is when the well being of the child is
at stake. I live at raleigh and i have seen that for someone from Gambia
like Mamie and someone resident in Raleigh for more than seven years at that
time with papers, but have no medical insurance. The medicare covers both
infants and the elderly under both fedaral and state law. My cousin was here
not long ago and her bills were sent to my address and she was in the US for
6yrs before going home finally 3yrs ago. They will never be able to match
her real identity without her SS# or correct DOB and address. My own
brothers kids deliver here in DC and one was $13,000  and the other was less
than $8,000 cos they spend less days in the hospital. Maybe only yaya and
few Gambians that want VIP treatment pays for the delivery bills. My other
brother who was studying here have insurance coverage and that was
different. Asked the married people in Raleigh about this( or Sankareh).
  Secondly, this can affect so many people when you put wake med or RCH and
other healthcare facilities delivery centres in the picture. This reminds me
when my cousin was almost force out to leave a day before her Dr initially
plan to discharge her. They were asking her to give them  any amount as down
payment. They even asked me if i am her husband. She keep telling them that
she has a boyfriend in jail in another state and she is not married. This
was in a public health facility.
  Thirdly, your postings is on the web and everybody reads them. This can
start creating problems for  our people back home seeking Visas especially
those pregnant women. You know the benefits of US citizenship. You see i don't want my son to go through what i went through. In 2000 observer reported the arrest of five Gambians in Raleigh( Is Cham, Sual  n others asked  Sankareh about that), and i was at the US embassy for student visa and we were all   turned down. I can remember the consular telling me that " when we issue you people  student visas for studies, you don't take your studies seriously"
  Pa I think you are doing a good job with Yanks and his boss corruption
scheme, but the issue of Mamie can backfire in the future. We have more
pressing issues worth of news item than mamie's expectancy in my humble opinion.You also need to be verifying some of your news items before you publish
them. I know it is not easy to get the shots especially in the Gambia where its  difficult to get any official comments for the private press. Other news items are easy to verify. For instance  the Bel Dame story, the guy is called Bas Bel Dame and his real name is Basirou Gaye and the guy in the shop is Vieux( veyeh Jobe). They have been in the Gambia before 94(wellington st.) and now (boxbar)they do all   of yayah's and most big guns their clothes and even myself. He is Ndeneh's friend.
  Anyways i got to go now. You have a bright future a head of you as a
journalist, so don't let any little amount of sensational reporting
overshadow your brilliant work. I hope you will take this little  advice in
good faith. Not everybody will be please by your postings and even myself may not be please with all of it. The mamie stuff is really worrying to many including myself. My concern is the future repercussions. I am in my finals and that's why i didn't do this earlier. I will talk to you later.
  Baboucarr Wadda