GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MUSA PEMBO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 13:16:38 -0000
My ummah, my ummah
He will say
Rasulullah on that day
Even though we've strayed from him and his way

My brothers, my sisters, in Islam
Let's struggle, work, and pray
If we are to
Bring back the glory of his way

CHORUS:
Ya Allah ya rabbal 'alamin
Ya rahmanu ya rahim
Ya rabbi
O Allah Lord of the Worlds
O Merciful and Beneficent
O my Lord

Let the Ummah rise again
Let us see daylight again
Once again

Let's become whole again
Proud again
'Cause I swear with firm belief in our hearts
We can bring back the glory of our past

My ummah, my ummah
He will say
Rasulullah on that day
Even though we strayed from him and his way

Look at where we were
And look at where we are
And tell me
Is this how he'd want it to be?
Oh no! Let us bring back our glory

CHORUS

lyrics & composition: Sami Yusuf

In concert on the 12th December In Germany.

For more Info:Please check  http:samiyusuf.com

Islamic Art, whether in the form of calligraphy, tiles, or music is all inspired by divine love and beauty.

Music is a gift from God and is a tool which can be used but also (as it often is) misused. Indeed, nearly all Muslim countries have a rich history of Islamic spiritual music, each with its distinctive sound and flavour.

Unfortunately, due to many reasons,this heritage has long been in decline. It is my sincere wish that this humble album be one of the many artistic endeavours being undertaken to shape a new British-Muslim or Western-Muslim culture.

I also felt obliged and motivated to contribute through this album to the positive efforts already being undertaken by the Muslim community to show the real face of Islam as understood by the majority of Muslims which is one of peace and tolerance.
I hope that this album goes even a short way towards this aim, and I pray that God accepts it.

Sami Yusuf's first album "Al-Mu'allim" is still available at www.awakening.org

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい