GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Oko Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:28:55 +0100
> Sister Jabou  (PERSONAL NOTE)

> A salam a lekum Wa Rahmatulaye , Blesseth and happy Ramadan, I am on the fastingt again. I
> stopped few days ago but I am back on again since one of these days is the "Hidden DAY" that
> gives green light approval for Heaven. (Hope I am correct ??). Unfortunately, I did not master
> the holy book so I am still a scholar. Just few days ago I asked Alhagi Mustapha Fye "The TAYA
> TU LI LAYE" I forgot it in the middle of prayer. But I am back. Yus ! Where are you.?

> You are my Sister in Blood. You left the Gambia too early as the pride of Half and the entire
> family .I am no stranger to your house .I used to visit your Mom on orders of my Mom YaArret
> Mboge. I will get a penny and sometimes three pence.

> I also used to go to Gunjur at your compound with Musa Joh and with Bala  I stayed with Bala in
> California as well.

>  Arret Ndur your niece is named after my mother Ya Arret. I used to go to Tanta Ramou. I also
> lived with Mamie at new Primet. Infact Musa Jow visited me awhile ago from London. We did Baba
> Maal, Ali Farka Toure and Oumou Sangere Shows together.

When I write and I see your writings I alway say thank god she did'nt command to pull my stubbon
ear. You have the right. I look up to your very much in sincereity and knowledgable consultation.
All my notes on the Gambia are an everyday event. I saw it all. Yet still I missed and forget
alot.I am only doing my best to inform and please excuse me for any unknown errors and misgivings.

Blesseth Love.
Oko Drammeh

P/S      Here is a Ramadan Remembrance Song. " La ILaha ha ila la la.- New Nga Nani Kawsara=-
Folegi Aljana."( repeat many time

Speak to you soon!!! ( Funny)