GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jungle Sunrise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 10:46:06 +0000
Alagie,

One of the things I hate most, is narrow minded-ness. This is because narrow
mindedness limits your ability/willingeness to reason out things in their
proper perspectives. I know you wouldn't make the enquiry because you
already know what I am talking about. Boy, what is wrong with you? I have
said it here, in no uncertain terms, that things are very bad, have been
very, very bad and that we need to do something about it. But how can we do
anything about it without talking about it, understanding it and developing
a strategy to overcome it? How can we develop a strategy to solve our
problems if selfish people like you not only elope, but will not allow
others to try their bit? Some of you are really anti-Gambia and not
anti-Yahya. If you were not anti-Gambia you would encourage respectful
discussion of all our problems with a view to finding the best solutions to
them. But no! You sit in your comfortable environments, not caring about
anything except what affects you directly and expect to see and hear about
things that you like but will not do yourself. You make me feel sick. Your
twisted logic Alagie, will not allow you to do that. Your narrow minded-ness
will also not allow it. Very sad if you ask me.

Njiaya, I have said it here before, that development is a process and not an
event. We may not have all the answers to all our poblems at the moment but
can atleast try to implement some of the answers that we have. We cannot
think and act digitally. No Alagie we can't. For decades, we have not had
the opportunity to scrutinize policies made on our behalf and as a result,
we have not only been subjected to those policies without our consent but we
suffered as a result of them. This is what the government is trying to
overcome and they are making good progress. The best you can do do is to
criticize them were they have their short-comings but encouraging them were
they are doing well. This, I believe, is the way forward. None of you can
force change in anybody especially in cyber space. If that is the case, then
what is the point of trying to discourage civil discourse about important
issues that concern and affect all of us?

Alagie, your choice to live in the States, join the US army and now a
reserve, is not my business. But to sit there and try to bambozle people
down here is not acceptable. I have given you, and all those who have access
to the L, information that you can rely on for the future development of the
country. What you do with it is your business. I am sure some day your
conscience will remind you of the lost opportunity you had in making a
difference.

On a final note Alagie, now that I have fully established your true
identity, consider this debate closed, atleast from my end till whenever you
come to the Gambia again.

Have a good day, Gassa.