GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Oko Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 22:13:46 +0200
I want ti express my due respect to the friends and family of the
Gambian girl for the 800 meters heats.

This  was a poor race. The Gambian girl did not put up a race.

I remembered the legends who represented the Gambia in the past ,like
Anna Coker, Princess Small,Alberta Owadzi etc,They make you proud with
their quality of performance,their presence and track record. This is
not the Gambian in sports I know. This is shocking.I was hoping that we
can build from the experiences of the legends of the past.This is two
steps backwards.

I wonder how she got to the Olympics in such a low form and a poor time
?.I taped it for documentation.

Did we fix this  to get to the party?

How did she clocked an olympic qualifying time to get there? When ?
Where? Does anyone remembers? .She was the slowest and the most out of
form (soft and meaty ) and the most out of rhythm runner in all the 800
meters runnersthroughout the 5 heats.

All this cost money and we should get our money and travelling
allowances wprth. This is a joke.

She was so slow that she was missed by the main frame of  the camera.
Amie  was so way behind that she was never in contention.

 I wondered how much money was spent on training for such a poor
standard of performance,

It was a bad performance and she was LAST in the race by miles behind.

More on The Gambian Athelits from The Olympics.

Oko Drammeh
Sport En