GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:07:17 EST
In a message dated 1/18/00 1:29:57 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 G-Lers
   As we all know the L and other Gambian forums such
 as "voice out" have been very useful in recent months
 to agitate the government and make our views known.
 However, we also know that the majority of Gambians do
 not have access to internet or have the means to buy
 news papers. Yet these masses are the very ones who
 need the enlightenment and the kind of informations
 that we in the diaspora have the prviledge of
 accessing.
   My thought here is that maybe we should think of
 ways to help them become more aware of issues in the
 country, rather than being at the mercy of whatever
 the government wishes to let them know at its
 convenience. After all, when all is said and done,
 they are the true decision makers in our country; they
 are the ones who vote.
   I'm sure there is a good way this objective can be
 attained. The first thing that came to mind is say,
 having a radio station based in one of the
 neighbouring countries i.e senegal. What do u guys think? >>
Modou,

l think this is a super idea. Please let us brainsorm on how to achieve this.

Jabou Joh