GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:09:02 EST
We the citizens of Gambia are concerned about the current misunderstandings
between your two companies and President Yahya Jammeh. The affair has resulted
 in the arrest and detention of your British-born engineer-Director of
Operations. It is unsettling for euphoria around the discovery of commercially
viable mineral deposits in Gambia to be followed ever so expeditiously by
allegations of deceit, concealment and breach of contract.

It must come as a shock to you that we the Gambian citizens have not been
apprised of your companies' interests in mineral extraction in Gambia or the
pilot processing of residual Zircon from Titan's operations in the late 50's in
Gambia. That represents a terrible breach of trust and ill-considered
investment  for your two companies. Particularly that Gambia has a recent history of
poor  governance, bellicose completion of agreements, and a most spectacular
negligence in the matter Alimenta V. Gambia. As aspiring corporate citizens as
 we are confident both your companies are, a casual historical review of
security of investment in Gambia and the relationship between good governance
and investment security would have afforded some measure of caution and
circumspect prior to engagement in Gambia. Or de-minimis, engage based on  certain
guarantees of propriety.

We are cognisant of the potential detriment your extraction operations  risk
in Gambia, Senegal, and indeed in most other developing countries,  including
India, Indonesia, and the pacific Isles.

We hereby request a copy of your license to mine for Rutile, Zircon, and
Illemenite in Gambia. This license is a public document and we request it
pursuant to public records acts throughout the world including Australia, India,
the UK, and the US. It will also be valuable for you to be pro-active in  this
request because it is apparent that you have been enormously aversed and
chagrined, but we the citizens of Gambia have no part to play in  your diminished
fortunes. However, we wish to exert our rights to minimize  any damage that
Yahya and or his government accrues you. Please  forward copy of the license to
[log in to unmask] (mailto:[log in to unmask])  so it may be shared  with
Gambia citizen fora and news agencies. We look forward to your cooperation
in this regard.

We also encourage the Gambia Bar Association and Judiciary  to obtain this
license from the Gambia Government records  division, and to share this license
with the citizens of Gambia.

With great expectations, sincerely,

Haruna Darbo. Gambian Citizen.

2050827?NCID=aolcmp00300000002598)