GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha C Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 23:17:44 EDT
Jabou:
Thank you very much for this truthful and frank piece.

I felt similar sentiments to yours as soon as I read the piece.  In fact, I
intimated to a friend on the L that (Mr. Colley?) would be better served to
keep on writing his series as opposed to sending pompous pieces of this
nature. Frankly, the more I read the more disgusted I got.

I could go on and on, for there were several other issues in his piece that
seemed to point to an ignorance which was borne out of an extreme sense of
misplaced arroganced and a misguided feeling of self importance.  The one
that stood out in particular was the statement that Colley and Chongan were
the first African military personnel to write about and document their
experiences.  This assertion is truly laughable to say the least.

In my corresondence to my friend, I said that this piece from Mr. Colley was
so full of inconsistencies and such that I could have destroyed it had I
picked up my poison pen.  But why bother?  The truth shall prevail eventually
and I simply don't have time to battle with the sycophants who are unable to
see the truth.

More power to the non-entities of The Gambia for they are the true children
of the land