GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 22:56:58 -0700
Abdoulie A.Jallow:

The impact of the dismissal of the foreign teachers
will fade when compared with the negative effects in
future, of having ill prepared teachers in our
education system. The short term consequences are, I
think, manageable; but the long term effects are
undesirable. Just because people have gone through
such a rotten system in the past does not make it
right. OK?
Please stop complaining and offer your constructive
suggestions; I am sure if such positive input is
forwarded to the right authority, it will be
accommodated. Action should speak louder than words
and remember, always ask what you can do for your
country and not what you carve out from your country.
That, to my mind, is what a responsible citizen should
do.

Cheers
KBceesay.

=====