GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saihou Mballow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 00:13:59 -0800
We thank all those who traveled all the way from
Washington DC to New York last Sunday, December 26th
for the concern Gambians' meeting which was posted
here on the G-L by Ams Callow.

The meeting was well organized and all the speakers
expressed their concerns about the Jammeh's Government
lack of respect for human rights and human dignity.

Many speakers called on Gambians to forget about their
political differences and come together so that we can
put to an end the existing Jammeh's dictatorial rule
and rampant corruption.

Many Gambian journalists in the diaspora attended the
meeting to show their solidarity and to express
sympathy to the killing of Deyda Hydara.

We know in the past Jammeh has used and is still using
the Gambian resources to falsely propagate his
Government 10 years of misrule. During the up coming
demonstrations, we intend to expose to the whole world
the true colors of the type of tyrant Government that
unfortunately rule The Gambia. Enough is enough, we
cannot afford to see anymore the Deyda's, Foday
Makalo's, the students', Koro's, Ousman Sillah's and
Omar Barrow's cases. The oppression must stop and
Gambians should earn the respect they deserve, free
press should be encourage and freedom of speech
stipulated in the constitution should be allow to be
exercise.

Finally, an appeal to all Gambians and friends of The
Gambia whoever can help the Gambian independent press
is welcome to do so, be it in the form of finance,
logistic, contacts, material, etc.

Pa Samba Jaw or Lamin Keita can be contacted to
faciliatate whatever.

Long live The Gambia!
Long live Democracy!
Down with dictatorial rule!

--- Pasamba Jow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

---------------------------------
On Saturday December 26, 2004 Gambians met in New York
City and decided that enough is enough, we are taking
to the streets in Washington DC on January 14th 2005
to protest the assination of Deyda Hydara.  The
details of the demonstration will be communicated in
due course. So anybody who is outraged by the
senseless murder of Deyda Hydara has ample time to
join us on Friday January 14 2005.

Pasamba Jow Coach

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいTo
unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go
to the Gambia-L Web interfaceat:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.htmlTo
Search in the Gambia-L archives, go to:
http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?S1=gambia-lTo
contact the List Management, please send an e-mail
to:[log in to unmask]いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい