GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harona S Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 13:36:55 PST
The incident is unfortunate and Freetown will for a long time struggle to
make S/Leone what it used to.( The gold mine of West Africa).
I watched with horror as Samura took picture after picture,each more
horrifying than the one before.The question that first came to mind was how
this man gathered the strenght,courage and composure in shooting, perhaps
the worst pictures of his entire life.
From my perspective Awa,Samura looked at ECOMOG as the redeemer of S/LEONE
and not a group that will entangle itself on the same gruesome atrocities of
the rebels.The footage did clearly indicate that ECOMOG failed us and that
is the bottom line!
Have a good one.
Harona Drammeh.