GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fatoumata <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Fatoumata <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 22:19:45 +0100
Thanks Latjor,

The project is not an immediate one as there are other things more pressing.
However I am appealing to all to send in their mundane experiences of
Armitage:

Behind, Orchard, MSK (Mansuanka kunda), council meetings, elections (kunda,
kitchen and seyfo), and all obsolete events such as saturday activites
( impromtus, musical nights, movie nights) dodging to town, end of island,
school garden, prison garden, girls domitory (boys hovering around for food
or a chat), sports (interschool with Saints, GH etc), outings (french club,
scout, red cross, drama clud, independence celeberations) and relationships
(student-student, student-teacher, teacher).

Please do not forget some of the funny and beautiful experiences. Let me
give you one. A true one.

Two students went to *Behind *(this is the place behind the kitchen) at
around 22:25, a little after lights out. They saw the silhoutte of another
student sitting on the slabstone used to play cards or smoke on. They sat
near him. One of them took out a large wrapping which he starts to unwrap.

"Boy do you have any *pep*?," he asks.
"Sure, I have an old camelia parket. Hold on and let me get you a nice *pep*."
replies his friend. He carefully seperates the inside linament from the
outside of the camelia parket. He then folds the soft inside paper and gives
it to his friend. The latter takes it and spreads a pinch of the daft grass
and starts wrapping it. He then takes a piece of the outside linament and
folds it into a filter. After he finishes wrapping it, he puts the tip
between his lips with joyful expectation. He searches for a match and there
was none. He asks his friend who also forgot his. Then they ask the boy, who
has all this time been quite and watching.

"Sorry bro, any match?"
"Yeah. On the condition you give me the joint to light it!", the strange boy