GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Sillah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 02:01:51 +0100
MRDGUK,

What a wanderful job. I accessed your webpage last
night and i was really impressed with the design of
the page. However since work on the page is in
progress, i would like to suggest that you improve on
the size of the letters. To me they are too small to
be read especially on your main page. Once again
thanks for the efforts.

E Sillah.

 --- "MOVEMENT FOR THE RESTORATION OF DEMOCRACY IN THE
GAMBIA (UK)" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
<HR>
<DIV>
<DIV><B>
<P>The Movement For The Restoration Of Democracy In
The Gambia UK</P>
<P></P>
<P><U>PRESS INFORMATION</P>
<P>WEBSITE</P></B></U><FONT size=3>
<P>The Movement for the Restoration of Democracy in
The Gambia (MRDG), have today started in earnest, the
campaign to reclaim our country from the shackles of
tyranny and abuse, with the lunch of </FONT><A
href="http://www.freegambia.org/"><FONT
size=3>www.Freegambia.org</FONT></A><FONT size=3>, a
web site dedicated especially to "Election Campaign
2001". This website is a work-in-progress, which when
fully operational, will not only provide links to
other sites relevant to the struggle, but will also be
available for use by other groups engaged in the
struggle for democracy and a stable, peaceful society.
For this reason the site is better described as a
"<B>WebRing" </B>allowing for collaboration from all
the pro-democracy organisations and other support
groups, involved in this struggle.<B> </P></B>
<P>Currently the DNS of the site is being resolved to
the point </FONT><A
href="http://www.freegambia.org/"><FONT
size=3>www.Freegambia.org</FONT></A><FONT size=3>, as
such it is not yet accessible via the above address.
It is however accessible through the <B>IP
ADDRESS</B>, which is </FONT><A
href="http://66.70.180.206/"><FONT
size=3>http://66.70.180.206</FONT></A><FONT size=3>.
Visitors are therefore advised to use this address for
access until further notice. </P><B><U>
<P>ALLIANCE FRAMEWORK DOCUMENTS</P></B></U>
<P>It has been three weeks and more since we promised
to publish the three Framework Documents for both the
Strategic and Tactical Alliances of Gambia's
Democratic Opposition, as well as a Good Governance
Charter/Manifesto Policies. Whilst we apologise for
the delay in bringing you these very important
documents, we like you to know that this was the
result of some unforeseen difficulties.</P>
<P>Please visit the Freegambia. Org website, via <B>IP
address http://66.70.180.206</B>, where you will
currently find edited versions of these three
documents. <B>These documents can be downloaded in
Microsoft Word version</B> for the purpose of
facilitating group discussion of the proposals contain
therein, and to pass to friends who have limited or no
computer access. Published are: - (1) <B>Strategic
Political Alliance (SPA) [unedited] (2) Tactical
Political Alliance (TPA) [edited for publication] (3)
Good Governance Charter (10 Manifesto
Policies/Structural Reforms)</P></B>
<P>We anticipate you constructive contributions to the
search for a viable and strong alliance of the
progressive forces and for genuine democracy. So we
welcome comments and suggestions on how to enrich the
documents.</P>
<P>We hope that this site will be the hob of our
concerted campaign to oust the Jammeh menace from the
helm of our country. We also hope that it will not
only carry the message for change far and wide, but
will also be a receptacle for new and revolutionary
ideas of not only how to govern a sovereign people,
but more importantly, of how not to govern a dignified
people. <B>Welcome!</P>
<P>PS. Please increase the volume of your PC to hear
the introductory speech and the accompanying
melody.</P></B>
<P>MRDGUK</P>
<P>8 August 2001</P></FONT>
<P><A
href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]</A></P></DIV></DIV></DIV></div><br
clear=all><hr>Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer
at <a

if you have problems accessing the web interface and
remember to write your full name and e-mail address.