GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdoul Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:53:15 +0000
Mr. Saine,

Thanks for  keeping the G-L posted on some of the realities on the ground.

I have also been aware of the Ndongo LO sensation for sometime now.

It is almost as if another Youssou Ndoure is born again.  He is possibly the
next ambassador of Mbalax, although he has yet to gain similar appeal
outside of Senegambia.

To put it mildly, he is currently the only musician in Senegal who can
easily fill a night club to full capacity for the past 8 months,  and
clearly making huge headlines.

He is so popular that the likes of Mbaye Geuye Faye(Etoile) and Salaam
Diallo have all had a  duet with him on their recent releases.

Best Regards,

Ablie Njie- Lekbi