GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MLJ Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 05:48:29 -0400
Dear UDP Leadership:

I am concern about the recent expulsion of
Hon. Almamy Touray, especially at this
critical moment of our struggle.  Irrespective
of what Hon. Touray did, the leadership of UDP
has made a tremendous mistake in an attempt to
slowly kill itself.

I am of the opinion that individuals within an
entity are bound to disagree and have different
opinions in how to solve critical positions.  If
we all agree without one or few disagreeing, it is
then a detriment that a semi-dictatorship will
evolve within our mist.

In this analysis, I condemn the leadership for
expelling Hon. Touray.  This decision is unwise
and will cause a tremendous headache, especially
in the gentleman's constituency.  If one can
research properly, Sir Dawda made the same
mistake by making an attempt of expelling
Hon. S.M.Dibba.  Those around Sir Dawda carried
out this vindictive attempt for their own political
gains.

Now that Hon. Touray is no longer in UDP, the UDP
has lost another vote in the assembly.  I therefore
call on Hon. Touray to remain as an independent and
not make a suicidal attempt to join APRC.  It is
Hon. Touray's duty to stand above all.

In conclusion I again condemn the leadership of UDP
and urge Hon. Touray to stay independent.  I hope
the rank and file are listening.  We will attempt
to change the leadership if the UDP fails for the
second time to defeat the dictator of kaninlai.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh