GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ebrima ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 05:20:47 PST
Simon Bojang,

Your posting on the above captioned subject is dated 8 January 2000, but I
am just seeing it on my e-mail account for the first time, or right now.

Anyway, I am not sure whether your questions have already been answered or
not; however, if they have not yet been answered, then let me give them a
try.

Simon, I suspect this political leader should be the late Ibrahima Garba
Jahumpa, and his defunct party's name, if my memory serves me right, was
called "The Gambia Muslim Congress". Anyway, with regard to the name of his
party, I stand to be corrected.

Interestingly, I was one of the last Gambian journalists to have interviewed
the late Ibrahima Garba Jahumpa before he passed away, and that interview,
for me, was an eye opener. I did learn quite a lot from his vast knowledge
during that interview.

Certainly, he was a very clever politician and a true intellectual; and may
his soul rest in eternal peace.

Cherno Baba, Dr Saine, Yus: I concur with the sentiments expressed in your
various reactions to the Independent editorial on Gambia L. You've said it
for me, so I have nothing to add. Cherno Baba, I think it would be healthy
if you also send your reaction to them.

Ebrima Ceesay
Birmingham, UK