GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ebrima Ceesay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:57:04 -0000
Gambia-L:

The e-mail below came from a source in The Gambia.

Pa Samba Jow: I have not forgotten your e-mail. I'll get back to you soon
and tell you what I know about Authur Gomez and the other Ghanaian who had
trials at Man United recently.

Ebrima Ceesay

Ebrima,

On 19th of June 2001,  Mr. Momodou A.B. Jagne received a letter from the
Gambia government indicating that his services were no longer needed. In
fact, if you do remember well, a story was posted to the Internet by the
Daily Observer, accusing him of fraud and mismanagement but which they later
retracted/apologized for being erroneous.

Well, in a recent trip to The Gambia by Mr Manlafy Jarju, prior to Mr.
Jagne's dismissal, Mr Jarju decided that he would be returning home finally
to take up a job here. And as we all know, Manlafy works for a US airline,
Delta Airline, as a software engineer.

Now, during his recent trip to The Gambia, Manlafy, a childhood friend of
Yahya Jammeh, made several trips to Kanilai and State House in Banjul.

And after his last meeting with the "Boss", he (Manlafy) told someone whose
office is close to mine, that he (Mafy) will be taking up a job here in
Banjul very soon. Anyway, I wish him good luck and welcome him back home in
advance. He would see for himself, how bad things are in this country now
that he is coming back home to stay for good.

In another communication, I have seen an order to get "Mr. Jagne out of that
place". Mr Jagne was the Director of Operations and Technical Services at
the Gambia Airways who, last week, received all his benefits for working for
the company.

Well, as one and one always equals two, do not be surprised to see Manlafy
Jarju named for the post vacated by Momodou Jagne since he (Jarju) was
promised a job by the "boss".

Here is some hot stuff for you. A girl friend of Yahya Jammeh was recently
sponsored by the Jammeh foundation to further her education at a
well-renowned medical school in the US. I will not reveal her full name
because I do not want to disgrace her. But her surname is "Andrews" and in
fact you yourself know her well. Yahya knows who I am talking about.

Thanks!