GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Y Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2008 15:34:30 -0500
Hi Bro Haruna,

In Defesne of Gainako

After you and Demba came this far, I will humbly join in to give full assurance of this matter resting now. From my part, I apologize for my equating harsh comments emanating from impulses that any one else would have felt, especially with your directive insults at Gainako and with all the name-calling you attached to it. The apology is to all readers, you included, because everyone here deserve something better.

I encourage you to keep your hand and effort ever more active. That part is commendable. From the get-go, after permission from Fatou, I sent you a private mail giving you her phone number, so you can laise directly with her. That was after my observation of your continuos threading about her. In the past, I have taken the extra step to call you on your phone to register my disapproval of your profane tone. I could have done the same because I know your knuckle-head will not have a choice but to listen.

Despite Demba being an editor of Gainako, the latest press release is carried by all online media outlets. Poor Demba was not acting as an editor this time around but as an associate of the GPU-USA. The debate was placed before the GPU mailing list to which most online papers are subcribed. The green light was okayed by the GPU's Secretary General, Baba Galleh Jallow. In fact the piece was written way before the Buba Jawo verdict, only to be modified after the verdict. If you had/still have any redflags to raise about that, I again join you in good spirit to challenge the GPU-USA's entire executive while constructively critisizing them for the part you believed they erred. If it is Demba you had a problem with, you are also fine to engage him constructively. The same applies to Gainako as well, but you cannot use insults and name-calling and then think people will swallow it while biting their throats without you getting a share of that cake. These apologies we are making now can follow after a bitter tussle, after all has been placed in their proper places. We will debate you right here, and you will never see any headline about you on Gainako regarding the matter, because we make no difference with here and there. If you don't insult us, we will never insult you. We don't make any difference with you and everyone else. Infact, these forums are way older than Gainako. Gainako is a complement for these forums and its educators.

Ditto:
See, it is a small world. If information I am getting from Seattle is to go by, Demba's Madam is a best friend to your blood sister. Probably, that has nothing to do with things here. Sister F. Dibba is fine and thanks for her intervention in pouring some sense in your head. She probably won't remember me from the Gambia, but we were all frequent at the beach side. And Ebony her! As to my relation with Demba, the same as you here and any one else, because everyone is my brother/sister/uncle/mum, et cetera...but Demba's association with me in team GON, must not be mistaken for my defense of him and Gainako. I will defend anyone else including Global Democracy if some one was to come out in a manner unacceptable, hence I am here in search of the truth. If the truth fails to prevail, the same way I voolunteered to be here, it will be my route home.

As far as I know, if not debates we have together here, you will never see any of us calling you names. None of those we interact also will give you any thing else. Until now, You haven't stated what Demba or Gainako did to you. That makes me wonder, if an external force hasn't infiltrated your ears, then it will be poor Haruna entangled between the devil and the deep red sea. For the records, Gainako doesn't belong to an individual. It is not run by an individual either. It belongs to you and everyone else. It is just another outlet for sharing of information. From my part, I am the littlest associate of the team. I am sure, from my forwarding of pieces, I have been judged a pivot. That is not the case. I have forwarded pieces here even from the Daily Observer yet I am not part of their team. In fact, I contribute in these forums more than contribute at Gainako. Why? The spirit of unity and togetherness is much more powerful, much more loved by God. Of course, you or anyone else will not doubt it, I will defend Gainako to any other level while the paper is keeping its promise of service to the people. Gainako registers close to one million hits a month, and I am sure, it is enough for any attention seeker, if any of us was looking for that.

You will attest to the fact that Gainako solicited opinions from many like you. For example, during the anniverssary of the student Demo, you and many others were invited for opinions, it happened that only Omar Joof, former GAMSU Prexy responded. It is the same for many other topics of national interest. We do solicit interviews as well, in that case, an e-mail will be sent to you directly from the editor e-mail, mostly not by word of mouth, and of course never from a third party. People solicit interviews from Gainako as well, and it is handled in a similar way. Thanks for giving us that alert. Whoever that person is, refer her back to this note above. While it is a good thing, it should be handled in the proper way.

I encourage you and everyone else to keep the momentum for Sister Fatou. Include others as well in that package.  Let us all team up for the greater good. The Gambia is bigger than our individual heads. The devisive comments will yield nothing sound for people who are oppressed. The true struggle is not about bringing one another down, but lifting all those doing their little efforts up. Read the piece "The Guilt IN Us.." and tell me if it is not time to re-group the political heavyweights either in Banjul, Dakar, USA, UK or any other place deemed safe for attendees.

At Gainako's service, the door is open to you, the GDP and any other project of national interest for promotion.

Aluta Continua!!!

Very sincerely yours,
Yero,
associate of GON