GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 16:04:22 -0400
Saul, I was about to open my piece and tell you also that it seems that you
read my mind when you were writing your reaction to Colly's post. But what I
realize long time ago is that those of us that are fighting a clean battle
on the side of Good versus Evil are on the same wavelength. At times when
you write or I read Hamjatta, it is as if I am reading myself write.

Over the weekend, I had more or less the same experience you had with your
'educated' Gambian. I had a long road journey with two individuals that are
fresh from Gambia. They live in Gambia permanently and were only out here to
visit. Some of the garbage that comes from these people is just
mind-boggling. Mind you, these are supposed to be informed people that live
Yaya's atrocities on a daily basis.

But guess what they are more preoccupied with? They complain about the fact
that UDP is populated by angry and disgruntled and tribalist people. Can you
believe that? People like Colly put their lives on the line to inform us
about the brutality of Yaya et al, and all these so-called educated 'elite'
can say to Colly's irrefutable facts is: why now? They do NOT have the
wherewithal or the decency to provide counter-evidence. All they can do is
second-guess the gentleman's motives. And even at this second-guessing, they
are doing a dismal job.

If what pissed off Yaya et al was the tribalism practiced by Ndow Njie when
Njie promoted Banjul people, then what is Lie Conteh doing being Chairman of
KMC? Who is more related to Ndow Njie than Lie Conteh in the current APRC
hierarchy? This is all nonsense. I understand Babucarr Jatta had puppy-dog
loyalty for Ndow Njie and Lie Conteh when he knew the relationship between
the two. Jatta (who is NOT from Banjul) kissed up to those people like he is
kissing up to Yaya now. Matter of fact I heard that he even named his son
after either Ndow Njie or Lie Conteh. Yes, this same Babucarr Jatta, who if
you ask him now will tell you that Ndow Njie is the Devil Incarnate. The
same man who if you ask him today will tell you that he will kill for Yaya.
I would not be surprised to learn that he also named a son after Yaya or a
daughter after Tuti Faal. These people are clowns.

They can only challenge Colly's FACTS with lies and innuendo. They use the
same smear campaign against the UDP. Unfortunately, the mud is sticking on
UDP real fast. The Party has to dispel such vicious lies. Going back to my
passengers over the weekend. When I asked them who among the UDP leadership
were the 'angry' fellows they were talking about, they could only cite three
or four people that apparently lost their jobs when the AFPRC stole power.
In other words, my friends were saying that because there are four or five
UDP officials that are ex-civil servants that Yaya victimized, the Party is
full of 'angry people'. What can be more ridiculous than that?

I told my friends first of all that they cannot just look at a handful of
people and characterize the Party as 'angry'. Secondly, I asked them whether
they have ever stopped to ask themselves WHY certain ex-civil servants were
'angry' at Yaya. As a follow-up question, I asked my friends whether it was
wrong for victims of Yaya to be angry at Yaya. As we proceeded they realized
how ridiculous their positions were. See, what these people and the APRC
want to convince people of, is very sinister. When they label UDP or Colly
as 'angry', they want Gambians to think that UDP and people like me and
Colly are angry at the Gambian people. They never say what and who UDP is
angry at. They only say that we are angry people. But the relevant question
is, angry at what? Angry at who?

We are not angry at our farmers because the government cannot help them sell
their crops. We are not angry at our children because Yaya's security forces
massacred them (our children) in broad daylight. We are angry at the morons
and the child murderers that hold our country hostage. We are not angry at
Dumo because the vermin abducted him and are incarcerating him
unjustifiably. We are angry at the animals that are victimizing the Gambian
people. Darn right we should all be angry. What is wrong in people for ONCE
standing up and joining/supporting political parties in order to fight
against further victimization from Yaya and his gang? To the UDP I say: if
APRC cronies or mental midgets in the country that call themselves
intellectuals, go around the country telling them that UDP is an 'angry
Party', just ask the mental midgets to tell you what UDP is angry about.
Don't allow APRC to lie to the people and say that UDP is angry at the
Gambian people. APRC CANNOT equate itself with the Gambian people. The
Opposition is NOT angry at the ordinary Gambians. The Opposition is angry
about the APRC/AFPRC lawlessness.

If anyone is angry at the Gambian people, it is Yaya and his cohorts. Who
slaughtered innocent and defenseless Gambian children? Who went out on a
rampage unjustifiably dismissing people from their jobs and rendering their
families destitute? Who made our people poorer than they were seven years
ago? Yaya et al HATE the Gambian people. If they had their way, they will
annihilate us.
KB