GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2008 21:48:41 EDT

Haruna --
 (http://my.barackobama.com/page/m/7c2c24710a4f002e/7WOFap/VEsH/) In  the
excitement of the past few days, there's some news you may have missed.
John McCain and the Republican National Committee released their fundraising
numbers for May, and we've got our work cut out for us.
The McCain campaign raised $21 million, which will be combined with $23.7
million raised in partnership with the Republican National Committee.
That's nearly $45 million dollars in one month -- money that will be used to
attack Barack Obama and support John McCain's effort to extend the policies
of  George W. Bush for another four years.
We need to respond quickly and show that we are ready to take on Senator
McCain in the general election.
Now is the time to take the next step and own a piece of this campaign.
If you make a $25 donation today, your gift will be matched by a previous
donor who has agreed to give again. You can even choose to exchange a note with
them about why you support Barack.
Help reach the goal of 10,000 first-time donors and build our movement to
take on John McCain:
_https://donate.barackobama.com/match_
(http://my.barackobama.com/page/m/7c2c24710a4f002e/7WOFap/VEsE/)
Even more disturbing than the amount of money John McCain and the RNC have
raised is the way they raised it.
They depend on donations from Washington lobbyists and special interest PACs.
 And top officials in McCain's campaign have been asking these donors to
write  checks and raise money from their clients to the tune of $50,000 each.
Barack is doing things differently.
This campaign has never accepted donations from Washington lobbyists or
special interest PACs. And yesterday the Democratic National Committee announced
that they will follow the same restriction.
We are going to compete in the general election the same way we have all
along -- by depending on a movement of more than 1.5 million people giving only
what they can afford.
Make your first $25 donation today and double your impact:
_https://donate.barackobama.com/match_
(http://my.barackobama.com/page/m/7c2c24710a4f002e/7WOFap/VEsF/)
I'm sure you've heard that Hillary Clinton is suspending her campaign and
announcing her support for Barack. We all owe Senator Clinton -- and her
supporters -- a great deal of respect for running an incredible campaign and
strengthening our party in all 50 states.
But John McCain and his allies are not missing a beat in their campaign to
continue the Bush agenda.
As the presumptive nominee, John McCain had a three-month head start to build
 his party and raise money. But we can't afford to let him have the
advantage.
For all his talk of reform, John McCain is willing to rely on huge donations
from Washington lobbyists and special interest PACs.
We have a historic opportunity to run a new kind of campaign and elect a new
kind of leader.
Thank you for your support and for being a part of this movement,
David
David Plouffe
Campaign Manager
Obama for America