GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bamba Laye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 11:42:41 -0500
 Folks,
This is one of those mornings when I wake up and just feel like writing a
poem.
Alpha, Hamadi and others, thanks for your inspirations.
Here's to the tyrant on death row.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Rise up! Speak up! and live up!

We will overcome the tyrant
We will overcome the butcher
We will overcome his greed
We will make him come down to his knees
We will make him wear his pants inside out.

He is here, he is close he is gone
He is coming at you...watch out!
He is yearning for your blood...watch out!
He is heading at you. hands stained with blood

The blood of our people he shot
The blood of our people he buried six feet deep
The blood of our people he burnt
The blood of our people he betrayed

He used some, abused them and rejected them
He cheated all, lied to all and laughed at all
He called on all and betrayed all
He is here, he is close, he is gone

Count his days..ten, nine eight....
He is here, he is close, he is gone
He's the tyrant on death row
Gone, gone and gone!

Rise up! Speak up! and live up!

 Abdoulie A. Jallow
Send money to friends and family via e-mail!
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=ajallow%40usd.edu
"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter".
 - Dr. M. L. King Jr.