GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lamin Sanyang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 20:58:19 +0000
Brother Habib,
I see you miss your good old days at SAHS! Yours and James' fwds speak for
me. Yusupha, thanx for the link! The rasta perspective is a clear one and
the songs remind me of South African poetry and songs of liberation. (Aluta
Continua! Long Live Intifada! The singer chants) For me the point is not to
put the Palestinians as angels on one side and the Israelis as the devil
reincarnate. All i'm saying is that one would expect better coming from the
Israeli leadership, simply because Jews as a race have gone through all
kinds of persecution and intimidation. Even in little Gambia, we express the
biblical phrase: 'Yefi Jew yi naak!' as you betray me. 'He who felt
it...should know what it is like'. The Israeli state should know better.

If i understand the opinions expressed all what reason demands is for the
Palestinians to have some share of the land that was originally theirs. Land
means identity, and a people without one lose their face. Just look at the
Kurds!

I hope Bush listens to the voice of consciensce so that America can step in
to curb the tragedy that is the Mid-east today, to save both Arab and
Israeli lives.

And for me i have definitely choosen sides. I'm  chanting a chorus to
Zephaniah's 'Aluta Continua! Long Live Intifida!' No stammer there!!!

Lamin Sanyang